UNDERCLOTHES FOR WOMEN
This should probably be one of the shortest pieces in this blog for obvious reasons.
Now tradition is slowly giving way to what they call practicality and with it the timeless ways of old wisdom. See, any clothing which is fastened on to the body causes circulation of blood to slow in that area. Thats why any undergarment and bra should not be worn at least while sleeping.
Now since time is changing if you stick with the old ways you will be looked down upon but there are certain things which can be retained even now. What i am referring to is the traditional women’s lingerie called Onnara which is also called Thaar in the northern parts of kerala. It will be beneficial if any of the readers share how it can be worn and the different styles of wearing (Madithaar and Njori Thaar).
The main benefit of wearing Onnara is it reduces sexual desire because of the pressure on the clitoris and it performs the same role what kaupina does for men. Girls start wearing this garment once they reach puberty while sexually mature boys wear kaupina.
Here are some of the other benefits of wearing Onnara or Thaar
1. If onnara worn properly with adequate tightness, there will be a constant pressure over the lower abdomen which will act like an abdominal binder worn by ladies after delivery to a good extend, and will increase the intestinal movements and help to expel the gas trapped in the intestines without making noise.
2. Due to the same reason explained above, waist will reduce and buttock size will increase.
3. upward pressure exerted by the madi will increase the muscle tone of the genital area and will increase the tightness and the pleasure of rasaleela will increase.
4. When compared with panties, there will be more surface area of the clothe covering the area, resulting in more absorption of the secretions and the area will be kept dry, which will result in less chance of fungal infection.
5. Most of the panties contain synthetic materials which may cause allergy, where as for onnara cotton mundu is used, so chances of allergy is remote.
6.The elastic used in panties cause itching and discoloration in many in the upper part of thigh and around the abdomen, which will not occur with onnara.
7. During periods many onnara wearers are of opinion that it will give better confidence and protection than panty users.
8. Onnara wearing reduces the chances of developing urinary tract infection and uterine prolapse.
9.Those who are having fat thigh the inner part of upper thigh may rub together producing loss of skin and pain due to that as panties can not prevent it, where as if they wear onnara such a problem can be prevented as there will be cloth between thighs which will prevent rubbing of bear skin.
10. Onnara will reduce fat deposition in lower abdomen thereby preventing development of “kudavayaru”
Undergarment during Menstruation
Kaupina which is usually worn by men can be worn by women during her periods if she has to go out. Small pads of cotton clothes can be made and kept inside. This is way better than napkins which can be used only once. Whereas here the pads can be cleaned and reused.
Read how to wear a kaupina here:
In Kerala girls wear pavada and blouse till they reach puberty. During their teenage years they used to wear a half-sari, and one they gets married, the saree. But now this is changing.
Underwire bras are also not good energy wise.
For more on the spiritual aspects of wearing dress read:
IMPORTANT: I request the women readers who know how to wear an onnara to share how it is worn.